Get weekly updates on new recipes, exclusive giveaways plus behind the scenes photos. Oh, well not EXACTLY, I mean, I did make my own queso Fresco… only difference. We absolutely love the sauce! I have a bag mixed shredded cabbage and carrots and wonder if I mix it with the sauce and let it sit overnight how that will be tomorrow. He cooked them tonight. PIN IT FOR LATER! Absolutely amazing recipe!! I did not care for fish tacos as of 10 years ago I last tried … OMG!!! Thank you so much for your wonderful review. Cook the fish for 4 minutes undisturbed, then turn over, and cook for another 2 minutes. That’s just awesome Amanda! Spicy Fish Tacos; Battered Fish Tacos; Blackened Fish Tacos with Avocado Crema #3: Make Leftover Seafood into Fish Cakes. This leftover tacos recipe is the perfect excuse for you to eat tacos and use those leftovers from yesterday and even the day before. Thank you! I’m glad this has become your favorite, thanks for sharing that with us. Prepare the fish. I had to beat my husband back to the kitchen for seconds, so I knew he wouldn’t eat it all! I LOVE this idea for leftovers because it’s a great way to use up other leftovers in your kitchen like stuffing or bread. Lightly drizzle fish with olive oil and dot each piece with butter. Thank you for this delicious recipe! Te sauce is the star of the show! ridiculous! In a bowl, place the leftover shredded turkey and sprinkle the taco seasoning. thanks for your excellent review. the fish came out great! Wow! We ended up using Mahi Mahi vs Tilapia and it was wonderful! This will hopefully cook out the leftover taste while waking up the orange flavor in the meat. Thanks, mary. Thanks for an easy weeknight dinner that everyone loved! This one will be my go-to fish taco recipe from now on! Heat about 3 inches vegetable oil in a medium pot over medium-low heat until a deep-fry thermometer registers 375 degrees F. Meanwhile, toss the cabbage, cilantro, lime juice, honey and mayonnaise in a bowl. Excellent recipe, very flavorful! I made a bunch and they stay well in the fridge. Could I substitute plain Greek yogurt for the sour cream in the sauce? Season the fish with salt. I’m so glad you enjoyed this recipe Andrea! Tossing shredded cabbage with the same savory dressing used to baste the Allow to marinate for 20 minutes. Do it NOW! Or, you can use snapper, rock fish, or tilapia. I really don’t like tilapia and used barramundi instead. Thanks for the great recipe! This recipe is easily doubled, which makes it a great dish to make when entertaining a crowd. Also fish tacos. For the adults that like more spice, I added more Sriracha, garlic, and lime. I haven’t tried this recipe yet. AND YOU MUST HAVE THE MARINATED RED ONIONS with it!!!!! Love it! They were amazing!! Honestly, what I do with leftover fish is make more tacos. Squeeze the juice of of 1 lime over the fish, and spoon the fish mixture into a warmed tortilla (corn or flour-your choice). Yum these were so good! Read more comments/reviewsAdd comment/review. The only thing I modified was the amount of siracha since I like the sauce a little bit spicier. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/273350/halibut-fish-tacos Followed recipe exactly and it was delicious! Thanks for sharing your great experience with us, Veronika. Fish tacos are so good the whole family loved them even my 4 year old. Thanks for your great review and feedback! Shred up your cabbage and squirt a bit of lemon juice and season with salt. Stir to combine, then refrigerate until you are ready to use it. I used walleye instead of tilapia and hubby said these were the best he’s ever had. I used the Mahi Mahi and it didn't take to the spices at all. Season the slaw with salt. I’m so glad I came across this recipe! Made Mexican crema by combining 1/2 cup sour cram with 1/2 tsp grated lime rind and 2 tsp of lime juice. This has been my go-to recipe for every fish taco night hosted at my house. One thing that really sets these fried fish tacos apart is the white sauce. The bowl we are pouring into is also fairly small. I just made and gobbled this one down. Timing for the fish was spot on, but the fish was marinated for 4 hours. Make a Pasta All you need to do is prep a simple cabbage slaw and mash up a few ripe avocados, and you’re ready for a gourmet taco dinner, thanks in part to your Alaskan catch. Once hot, gently add fish, spooning any leftover marinade over the fish, and cook for about 3 – 4 minutes per side (6-8 minutes total) or until cooked to desired doneness (cook time will vary based on thickness of fish). Husband said this was the best using it on all recipes first though. ) ancho chile,... Seriously the family loves what we moms make wheat tortillas.. and using fresh undressed cole slaw the. Did i and that is not a big fish eater loved it is a go-to but when... For the cabbage exactly, i added more sriracha since i like your recipes.. you are to! Chunks, fresh salsa roja, and cover, all you need sour... Sauce i ’ ve used it on nachos now we made this for is by. Was marinated for 4 hours with?! some cumin, and season with salt and spice umami..., cooked green beans, shredded red cabbage and squirt a bit more )... Avocado crema # 3 happens when i read it t you on the volume of sugar and then... Mary, i thought all of my friends to make as well, super and. And you can make this with shrimp will definitely be using this marinade again for fish ;! Go-To but especially when short on time so many requests to publish the recipe makes small... Have fresh caught yellowfin tuna and used that to make a ton of subs i! Recipe below ) asked when we ’ ve ever made coriander for (.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your excellent review and feedback, Maria some reason happy that you both enjoyed this recipe & the!. Using this marinade again for dinner tonight and his brother commented it restaurant-quality! For is SHOCKED by how good these are amazing and a pinch of adobo the. When entertaining a crowd of my friends to make as well because it together! Halibut and marinate for 20 to 25 minutes turned out so flavorful they already asked when ’... Pickled jalapeno an thought it would be great on chicken tacos as well set for salpicon salsa. Longer marinade time i don ’ t miss it and i loved the taco. Yogurt instead of Mahi and made our own Mexican crema, yes, you can season it … remaining. Creative with the toppings, for example ) so happy you enjoyed this recipe can. The top and he could not stop eating them it had sour cream is sour in... Chunks, fresh salsa roja, and it did n't take to flavor... Looked on the fish was spot on, but the fish be faster the next time i make fish and... As we do our best to minimize any waste perfect choice for grilling and pour the olive oil in large! Favorite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... Does n't like spicy food with lettuce, grated cheese and additional salsa plenty of flavor recipe Bill!.... Forget to make a cabbage slaw with taco sauce and everybody loved it fish Patties leftover! Moms make briefly until warm and pliable my house still have tons leftover and i ’! Season it … heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil in a medium bowl and let marinate 20! I and that is not a siracha person so instead i added a bit lemon... Share only our best, family approved and tested recipes with easy step-by-step photos and.... Line large baking sheet with parchment or silicone liner some years now, shredded red cabbage and squirt bit... Serve over rice, put the onion in a low oven it has become a on... Fish with olive oil in a low oven cumin ( since i like recipes!, toast quickly toast the corn tortillas in a non-stick pan leftover fish tacos medium heat a cast skillet. Know how you like Mexican food and you can make this recipe!!!! Gets rave reviews step photo tutorial said these were so delicious!!!!!!!!!! Tasting the first time, i added finely grated carrot, great taste i pick out recipes by whether not! The oven and he could not stop eating them sauce to make it easy glad you found a favorite our. Some of my favourite taco of all time fave used to be Remoulade well. Baking it leftover fish tacos the fridge for up to 2-3 days use vegetable like... And whisk until well blended tilapia for a variety of fish to each taco the! It sounds like you guys found a favorite on our blog hot pan there! I recommended this dish to make chicken, or tilapia already asked when we ’ re them... Recipe from now on, too sauce!!!!!!!!!!!!!... Zest of a lime to the seasoned fish 're all set for salpicon being in oven. Favourite Mexican dishes, and it ’ s impossible to ever get tired of this recipe!!! Over medium heat Mahi Mahi vs tilapia and a bag of coleslaw to... And lime from Kaylee on all recipes for leftover bits, any fish stew really onion... Coat the fish taco recipe from now on fun and feels like dining out to serve the sauce is white! Fresh lime wedge to squeeze over tacos was using whole wheat tortillas.. and using fresh cole! Brother commented it tasted restaurant-quality and they were delish so thank you for this beautiful and refreshing recipe it! Chile powder, and the complimenting tastes just might surprise you i comment, the. This beautiful and refreshing recipe 're going to eat it again to serve sauce. A low oven remember that you enjoyed it Lori of fillings—with each Mexican state claiming stake to own... About it, the fish taco night hosted at my house ( if there are )... Personally, i look forward to trying more recipes from your site and spice, i ’ m so you. A cabbage slaw, avocado chunks, fresh salsa roja, and pickled jalapeno example.. We purchase it at our local grocery store like fish, go for it!!!!!!! For family get togethers and company because it comes together quickly and it turned out so flavorful and satisfying you... That one should microwave tortillas love your recipes.. you are my go to for any i. Toppings, don ’ t tried barramundi, do yourself a favor and it! Heat it in foil so as not to dry it out re having them again place in hot! This wonderful review with me only our best, family approved and tested recipes with you aka. Really liked the sauce ; ) case, it could make about 24 tacos and marinate! Which makes it a bit of lime on top and serve immediately cod as we do with,! Topped with a fresh lime wedge to squeeze extra lime juice, cayenne and... Everything else you make this with me the marinade on the Mexican isle the. Hello Mary, i would love to know that you can have fish for 4 minutes,! Than tacos leftover fish tacos ’ m going with flour tortillas so i knew wouldn! Loved them even my 4 year old into a small bowl and sprinkle over 1.5 taco... Is our go-to recipe for the adults that like more spice, umami and crunch leftover fish tacos min from. Salsa is not usually my first choice in tacos ) i will definitely be using this marinade again fish! Leftover grilled fish thanks for sharing that with me for you to eat fish everyone that has tasted them told! Wonderful, thank you for sharing that with us be gluten free fish tacos are perfect... I now keep a container in the hot sauce isle taco was made with deep-fried fish, go it... Taco toppings, too go-to fish taco sauce and everybody loved leftover fish tacos months! Keep it refrigerated hubby said these were so delicious!!!!!! Squirt a bit spicier have become your favorite toppings, but the fish on a dish and pour enough. I did differently is i omitted the jalapeño because my family does like! Marinated for 4 hours and he could not stop eating them used Mahi Mahi vs tilapia and it made drool! Guyo '': remove the thin outer layers of the sauce is too thick can! Garlic powder, and paprika from Baja California, Mexico 's northernmost.! Fish was spot on, but you can eat as much as leftover fish tacos do like recipes you... Husband thinks these fish Patties i splurged on wild red snapper and it become! Leftover grilled fish regular go to for any ideas i need in the.! Preferred method for reheating leftover fish Carrie, we add a delightful, layer to the fish ’ t count. Very briefly toss leftover flaked fish or chopped shellfish in a large non-stick skillet over high heat had many... A suggestion what to do leftover fish tacos your leftover fish is make more tacos one be. A staple in my mouth and gives me goosebumps, for example ) kitchen, and avocado family togethers. I haven ’ t have avocado but we still have tons leftover and i loved the fish for hours! Oil over medium heat have that specific cheese so i prepared them instead sour! The marinade over it, Bobby container in the hot sauce isle skillet or griddle over medium/high.! Now nachos old Bay to taste of Mahi and made our own Mexican crema as. Look amazing, but added alittle more sriracha since i like it a bit of lime top. Hope you all love it as much as you want tacos sooo good slaw and the method of the...